Information Systems form the backbone of Business Enterprises. Organizations, irrespective, of their business paradigms rely heavily on functional, cross-functional, and industry information. The growth in Secured Information Technology has fuelled the information revolution, providing access anytime, anywhere to corporate information, thus enabling rational decision making.
BBA in Information Systems is designed to develop Technologically Expert Knowledge workers who are well versed with technological aspects of information, and understand the business functions and is intended to utilize the emerging concepts in Information System.
1. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND PSYCHOLOGY – GOALS
a. To develop an understanding about human behavior by studying various concepts of psychology.
b. To examine various areas of HRM like Recruitment& selection, Training and Development, Performance management, Compensation Management and Strategic Management
c. To apply various psychological concepts in different areas of Human Resource Management to have a good understanding of human behavior at work and focus on developing individuals to enhance their engagement and productivity levels.
2 HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND PSYCHOLOGY – OBJECTIVES
After successful completion of the major, student will be able to
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts and integration of Psychology into Human Resource Management.
2. Apply the knowledge of psychology to understand Human behavior at work.
3. Analyze various aspects of Human Resource Development and its impact on employee performance
4. Analyze the role of counseling in solving issues related to work environment.
5. Design Human Resource Management strategies for enhancing productivity in an organization
6. Evaluate various aspects of UAE Labor Law and diversity issues in organizations
|HRP 3010||Foundation of Psychology||3||None||Core Courses|
|HRP 3111||Cognitive Psychology||3||HRP 3010||Core Courses|
|HRP 3012||Human Resource Development||3||None||Core Courses|
|CIS4013||Information Systems Project Management||3||HRP 3010||Core Courses|
|HRP 4114||Compensation Management||3||MGM 3103||Core Courses|
|HRP 4216||Strategic HRM||3||MGM 3103 & Senior Status||Capstone course|
Electives – Choose Any One
|HRP 4115||Managing positive psychology at work(E)||3||HRP 3010||Elective Course|
|HRP 4017||UAE Labor Law(E)||3||None||Elective Course|
|HRP 4118||Developmental Psychology(E)||3||HRP 3010||Elective Course|
|TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED IN BBA IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND PSYCHOLOGY||21|
S – Senior Level, C – Capstone, E – Elective
E, P – Elective & Protected and P – Protected