The UAE is a federation of seven Emirates with a Federal government overseeing certain key areas of government function that are representative of a nation state. The major functions that the Federal government discharges include External Affairs, Defense, National Security and Post & Telegraph besides a few others. The seat of the federal government is in the capital city of Abu Dhabi which is also the largest Emirate. Each Emirate has its own government mainly looking after law and order, municipal functions, industry and trade. All these functions are carried out through ministries and departments of the government both at the federal as well as the emirates level. Planning, Policy and implementation of government programs are the responsibility of these departments. In the present global scenario these government organizations function with high degree of efficiency and professionalism.
To maximize the social welfare and optimization of resources, public administration activities are key elements wherein the efficiency of administrative service plays an important role. The human resources development is essential to provide effective service to the community. BBA in Public Administration focuses on training manpower for effective administration, urban management, formulating policy and implementation, managing environment and public sector activities. It also focuses on developing manpower for disaster management and E-Governance.
Public Administration - Goals
- To develop an understanding of various principles of public administration planning and implementation of policies.
- To develop an understanding of the approaches on E-Governance and Disaster management
- To examine new approaches for managing sustainability of environment and the economy
- To develop an understanding of implications in planning and policy development in public organizations.
Public Administration - Objectives
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of principles and theories of public administration.
- Examine the impacts of Environment for managing economic sustainability.
- Analyze various models of E-Governance.
- Assess international relations for appropriate foreign policy directions.
- Evaluate policies and formulate appropriate strategies for planning and managing public organizations.
PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION (MAJOR)
GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES
|CIS1001||ESSENTIALS OF IT||3||None|
|CIS2103||DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION FOR BUSINESS||3||CIS1001|
|ENG1102||BUSINESS COMMUNICATION (PSDP INTEGRATED)||3||ENG1001|
|GEN1001||CORE LIFE SKILLS & HAPPINESS(PSDP INTEGRATED)||3||None|
|GEN1002||UAE SOCIETY AND ISLAMIC CULTURE||3||None|
|GEN1003||CRITICAL THINKING & PROBLEM SOLVING||3||None|
|FIA1001||Principles Of Accounting-I||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|FIA2102||Principles Of Accounting-Ii||3||FIA1001||CORE COURSE|
|MAT2103||Quantitative Techniques For Business||3||MAT1102||CORE COURSE|
|INE3102||Entrepreneurship(P)||3||MGM1001||CORE AND PROTECTED COURSE|
|BUS4103||Business Research Methods||3||MGM1001||CORE COURSE|
|BUS4004||Business Ethics||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|BUS4205||Globalization And Emerging Markets||3||ECO2102,FIA2013||CORE COURSE|
|ECO2001||Micro Economics||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|ECO2102||Macro Economics||3||ECO2001||CORE COURSE|
|FIA2103||Principles Of Finance||3||FIA1001||CORE COURSE|
|CIS4104||Management Information System||3||CIS1001||CORE COURSE|
|BUS3001||Business Law||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|MKT2201||Principles Of Marketing||3||ECO2001 & FIA1001||CORE COURSE|
|MGM1001||Principles Of Management||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|MGM3103||Operations Management||3||MGM1001||CORE COURSE|
|MGM4406||Strategic Management (C,S)||3||SENIOR STATUS, MGM3103 & MKT2201 ,FIA2103||Capstone and senior status course|
|IND4102/IND4203||Internship (C,S) OR Project (C,S)||3||SENIOR STATUS/SENIOR STATUS & BUS4103||Capstone and senior status course|
ELECTIVES - CHOOSE ANY FOUR
|INE3101||Innovation (E,P)||3||GEN1003||ELECTIVE AND PROTECTED COURSE|
|MGM3102||Organizational Behavior(E)||3||MGM1001||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|MGM3104||Management Of Human Resources (E)||3||MGM1001||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|MKT3202||E- Marketing (E)||3||CIS 1001 & MKT 2201||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|BUS3002||Cross Cultural Communication (E)||3||NONE||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|MGM3105||E-Customer Relations Management (E)||3||MGM1001||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|Total credits required in Business Education||63||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|PAD3110||Principles and Practices of Public Administration||3||MGM1001|
|ECO3111||Economics of Sustainability||3||ECO2102|
|PAD3112||Comparative Public Administration||3||PAD3110|
|PAD4114||International Relations and Foreign Policy (P)||3||PAD3110|
|PAD4216||Public Policy Formation (C,S)||3||PAD3110 & Senior Status|
ELECTIVE COURSES - CHOOSE ANY ONE
|MKT4121||Public Sector Marketing (E)||3||MKT2201|
|PAD4117||Disaster Management (E)||3||PAD3110|
|PAD4118||Environment Management (E)||3||GEN2005|
|Total Credits required in Public Administration||21|
BBA in Public Administration
The BBA in Public Administration lets you learn the best managerial skills and develop your problem-solving skills. Not only will you find yourself capable of addressing problems quickly but also improve your critical thinking and judgement.
Urban Planning Federal Government & Ministries Healthcare Administration Non-Profit Organizations Budget and Fiscal Management City/County Management Corporate Social Responsibility Human Resources Management Law Enforcement Nonprofit Fundraising Nonprofit Management Management Consulting
Parks and Recreation Management Public Affairs and Communications Public Interest Law Transportation Management Utilities Management Waste Management Association Executives Executive Assistant Public Affairs Director Public Relations Consultant Human Resources Director Economic Development
The general education program at the BBA level is designed to develop a well-rounded personality. The courses aim at improving communication & interpersonal skills along with instilling in students lifelong learning attitude. An all-inclusive knowledge base that is provided to the students encompassing science, computing, humanities, and culture inculcates a sensitive and scientific temper in the young professionals.
Student will be able to:
- To improve communication skills in English language.
- To develop evaluation skills by using quantitative procedures for logical thinking in business environment.
- To develop an understanding of cultural diversity, social responsibility and ethical values.
- To develop a scientific temper among students by introducing them to the basic concepts of natural sciences.
- To enable students to use Information Systems tools in business applications.
- To develop well-rounded personalities in students enabling them to pursue excellence in career.
Student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic scientific principles for application in decision-making
- Comprehend and Explain human civilization, culture, ethical values, and religion, with a view to understanding of the global community.
- Develop skills in business communication
- Demonstrate skills of information technology in effective data processing and analyzing
- Develop skills in problem solving through the application of both critical thinking techniques and mathematical & statistical tools
The Business Education Program aims at providing conceptual background to the students in core business & management areas. Program contents have been designed to expose students to the functions of business, organization structure & design, finance and legal aspects of business towards developing an attitude for conducting and leading business enterprises effectively and innovatively.
- To develop business competencies among students to meet the challenges of business environment.
- To develop conceptual clarity of business management processes in the functional areas.
- To develop business decision making skills through business analytics.
- To develop research skills in understanding business trends and practices.
- To inculcate values and ethical behavior necessary for conducting business.R03;R03;
Student will be able to:
- Gain knowledge of economics, finance, management, marketing, business systems and innovative business practices
- Demonstrate understanding of multicultural & ethical issues in business and management practice
- Develop skills in business management and research techniques
- Analyze micro and macro business environments for effective decision making and formulating business strategies
- Relate best practices in industry through professional interactionR03;