BBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management produces skilled manpower which meets the exponential growth in the air-transport, accommodation, tour operation, MICE and retail sectors in the region and worldwide
The tourism and hospitality industry is one of the leading global economic activities, and the largest employer worldwide. The WTTC (World Travel and Tourism Council) has, in its long-term forecast predicted the number of international travelers alone doubling from 700 million to 1.6 billion, in near future.
The tourism and hospitality sector in UAE is in the forefront of the entire Gulf and the Middle East region. Being one of the primary contributors to the GDP in the region, tourism finds place of pride in long term strategic plans for development of UAE. The country has made its mark as a safe destination extending the traditional 3’S’ (Sun, Sand & Sea) factor of destination attraction to 5’S’ which includes Safety and shopping as a major feature for the UAE visitors. According to WTTC, in 2016 travel & tourism directly supported 317,500 jobs (5.4% of total employment). This is expected to rise by 2.4% pa to 410,000 jobs (5.9% of total employment) in 2027.
BBA in tourism and hospitality management produces skilled manpower which meets the exponential growth in the air-transport, accommodation, tour operation, MICE, cruise companies, event management, catering companies, museums and cultural venues, and retail sectors in the region & world - wide.
Tourism and Hospitality Management - Goals
- To develop an overall understanding of the dynamics of tourism and hospitality sector with a reference to its background, modern practices and future prospects.
- To develop an understanding of core concepts in the areas of tourism and hospitality.
- To develop managerial and operative skills for performing various functions in tourism and hospitality.
- To develop analytical and evaluating skills for problem solving in tourism and hospitality issues.
Tourism and Hospitality Management - Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of tourism system and its impacts on economy, culture and environment for tourism development.
- Demonstrate an understanding of hospitality business, its departments and their functioning.
- Integrate Information Communication Technology in tourism and hospitality for effective operations and management.
- Apply skills of management for managing functions of tourism and hospitality businesses.
- Plan and organize events, itineraries and perform tourism and hospitality operations.
- Evaluate and formulate strategies for tourism and hospitality enterprises.
TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT MAJOR
|THM3010||Foundations of Tourism||3||None|
|THM3011||Management of Travel and Tours (P)||3||None|
|THM3112||Front Office Management||3||MGM 1001|
|THM4213||E – Tourism||3||THM3010 & CIS1001|
|THM4014||Food & Beverage Services and Management||3||None|
|TAT4116||Strategic Tourism and Hospitality Management (C,S)||3||Senior Status|
ELECTIVE COURSES - CHOOSE ANY ONE
|THM4015||Event Management (E)||3||None|
|THM4117||Tourism and Hospitality Marketing(E)||3||MKT2201|
|THM4118||Impacts of Tourism(E)||3||THM3010|
|Total Credits required in Travel & Tourism Management Major||21|
BBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management
The travel and tourism industry is one of the fast-growing industries in the world. SUC’s BBA in Travel and Tourism Management gives you exposure to the world and provides you with the most relevant experience you find in the market today.
The general education program at the BBA level is designed to develop a well-rounded personality. The courses aim at improving communication & interpersonal skills along with instilling in students lifelong learning attitude. An all-inclusive knowledge base that is provided to the students encompassing science, computing, humanities, and culture inculcates a sensitive and scientific temper in the young professionals.
Student will be able to:
- To improve communication skills in English language.
- To develop evaluation skills by using quantitative procedures for logical thinking in business environment.
- To develop an understanding of cultural diversity, social responsibility and ethical values.
- To develop a scientific temper among students by introducing them to the basic concepts of natural sciences.
- To enable students to use Information Systems tools in business applications.
- To develop well-rounded personalities in students enabling them to pursue excellence in career.
Student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic scientific principles for application in decision-making
- Comprehend and Explain human civilization, culture, ethical values, and religion, with a view to understanding of the global community.
- Develop skills in business communication
- Demonstrate skills of information technology in effective data processing and analyzing
- Develop skills in problem solving through the application of both critical thinking techniques and mathematical & statistical tools
GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES
|CIS1001||ESSENTIALS OF IT||3||None|
|CIS2103||DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION FOR BUSINESS||3||CIS1001|
|ENG1102||BUSINESS COMMUNICATION (PSDP INTEGRATED)||3||ENG1001|
|GEN1001||CORE LIFE SKILLS & HAPPINESS(PSDP INTEGRATED)||3||None|
|GEN1002||UAE SOCIETY AND ISLAMIC CULTURE||3||None|
|GEN1003||CRITICAL THINKING & PROBLEM SOLVING||3||None|
The Business Education Program aims at providing conceptual background to the students in core business & management areas. Program contents have been designed to expose students to the functions of business, organization structure & design, finance and legal aspects of business towards developing an attitude for conducting and leading business enterprises effectively and innovatively.
- To develop business competencies among students to meet the challenges of business environment.
- To develop conceptual clarity of business management processes in the functional areas.
- To develop business decision making skills through business analytics.
- To develop research skills in understanding business trends and practices.
- To inculcate values and ethical behavior necessary for conducting business.
Student will be able to:
- Gain knowledge of economics, finance, management, marketing, business systems and innovative business practices
- Demonstrate understanding of multicultural & ethical issues in business and management practice
- Develop skills in business management and research techniques
- Analyze micro and macro business environments for effective decision making and formulating business strategies
- Relate best practices in industry through professional interaction
|FIA1001||Principles Of Financial Accounting||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|FIA2102||Principles Of Managerial Accounting||3||FIA1001||CORE COURSE|
|MAT2103||Quantitative Techniques For Business||3||MAT1102||CORE COURSE|
|INE3102||Entrepreneurship(P)||3||MGM1001||CORE AND PROTECTED COURSE|
|BUS4103||Business Research Methods||3||MGM1001||CORE COURSE|
|BUS4004||Business Ethics||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|BUS4205||Globalization And Emerging Markets||3||ECO2102,FIA2013||CORE COURSE|
|ECO2001||Micro Economics||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|ECO2102||Macro Economics||3||ECO2001||CORE COURSE|
|FIA2103||Principles Of Finance||3||FIA1001||CORE COURSE|
|CIS4104||Management Information System||3||CIS1001||CORE COURSE|
|BUS3001||Business Law||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|MKT2201||Principles Of Marketing||3||ECO2001 & FIA1001||CORE COURSE|
|MGM1001||Principles Of Management||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|MGM3103||Operations Management||3||MGM1001||CORE COURSE|
|MGM4406||Strategic Management (C,S)||3||SENIOR STATUS, MGM3103 & MKT2201 ,FIA2103||Capstone and senior status course|
|IND4102/IND4203||Internship (C,S) OR Project (C,S)||3||SENIOR STATUS/SENIOR STATUS & BUS4103||Capstone and senior status course|
ELECTIVES - CHOOSE ANY FOUR
|INE3101||Innovation (E,P)||3||GEN1003||ELECTIVE AND PROTECTED COURSE|
|MGM3102||Organizational Behavior(E)||3||MGM1001||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|MGM3104||Management Of Human Resources (E)||3||MGM1001||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|MKT3202||E- Marketing (E)||3||CIS 1001 & MKT 2201||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|BUS3002||Cross Cultural Communication (E)||3||NONE||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|MGM3105||E-Customer Relations Management (E)||3||MGM1001||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|Total credits required in Business Education||63||ELECTIVE COURSE|