For those in the field of accounting and Finance. The CMA (Certified Management Accountant) is the benchmark. It necessitates having a firm grasp of the knowledge and abilities required by management accountants. Employers look for candidates who have obtained the designation because it guarantees that they possess the skills necessary for excellence in management accounting. One of the biggest and most reputable organizations dedicated solely to developing the management accounting profession, IMA was founded in 1919. A global organization with more than 128,000 members and 300+ professional and student branches, IMA credentials are accepted in 150 nations.
Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Course Contents
Skills that are in demand by businesses worldwide. The CMA will assist you in raising the bar for professional growth, whether your goal is to increase the value you contribute to your current role or to increase your career possibilities.
Financial Institutions and Banking sector relying on CMAs (Certified Management Accountants), as CMAs have professional skills in performing many accounting and financial tasks, such as:
● Creating and evaluating financial statements
● Create financial projections
● Establish and uphold business budgets
● Control a business's general ledger
● Control personnel in the finance or accounting departments
● Prepare and examine business tax returns.
● Construct and provide financial reports.
● Carry out all internal audits
Professional opportunities for CMAs
- Corporate accountants
- Cost accountants
- Management accountants
- Financial planners
- Financial strategists, and Risk managers.
- CMAs are frequently make key financial decisions for their firms, taking on duties that are in line with their prominent credentials.
CMA @ Skyline University College
• Highly qualified and experienced faculty
• 100 lecture hours (full syllabus coverage, extensive exam practice)
• IMA approved Wiley study materials
• Free online practice questions, tests and mocks
• Special discounts in IMA entrance, membership and exam fee.
• Purpose built campus with range of facilities (sports grounds, library, gym, common room, cafeteria, parking)
• Enjoy university life (tours, sports events, festivals, students’ societies, clubs)
• Internship and placement assistance
To know more about our CMA program, feel free to contact us and fill the form.
ROADMAP TO BE A CMA
STEP 1: Register with IMA
Joining IMA is a precondition to start your CMA journey. IMA membership offers access to CMA Exam preparation materials and many other resources required to complete and maintain your certification.
STEP 2: Enroll in the CMA program
After being registered with IMA, you can enroll in the CMA program. Enrollment requires an additional entrance fee. Once you are enrolled in the CMA program, you must take the CMA exam within 12 months.
STEP 3: Pass the CMA exams
Next, you need to clear the two parts of the CMA Exam. Part I examines your skills in financial planning, performance and analytics. Part II focuses on strategic financial management.
Each part is a four-hour exam with 100 MCQ’s and two essay style questions. The essay questions must be completed within one hour. Passing marks for both the parts are 360.
STEP 4: Gain relevant work experience and degree
To become a CMA, you need to have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field. Degree can be obtained before, during or after your CMA course.
Two years of full-time relevant work experience (or four years of half-time work) is also required to use the CMA designation.
STEP 5: Earn and maintain your certification
After completing all the requirements, an application is made to IMA and CMA designation will be awarded accordingly.
There are requirements for maintaining your certification. It involves various continuing education, professional and ethical requirements.
Annual membership fee must also be paid to keep the CMA status active.