Prof. J. Shanmugan
Professor, Discipline Leader
Dr. Shanmugan Joghee holds an MBA (Marketing and Systems), Doctor of Philosophy, and GMP (IIM-A) from India. He has an excellent academic record with awards for teaching effectiveness and overall academic excellence.
Dr. Joghee has more than two decades of work experience in business schools as an educator, researcher, associate editor, and academic coordinator both in India and the UAE. He is a registered Ph.D. examiner for many reputable universities and he has presented research papers in leading international conferences including the Academy of INTERNATIONAL Business (AIB) in various countries like Austria, the United Kingdom, Turkey, Malaysia, Georgia, India, Dubai, etc. He is currently a reviewer for many international journals and delivered a keynote addresses in many institutions in India and abroad.
ACADEMIC AND RESEARCH INTEREST
Dr. Shanmugan Joghee has published research papers in reputed refereed international journals and guided scholars for doctoral research work. His teaching and research interest areas include Marketing, Systems, and International Business. His research interests are branding, consumer behavior, digital marketing, marketing information, big data, entrepreneurial marketing. His papers appeared in the Journal of Brand Management (SSCI), International Journal of Sustainable Society, Soft computing, International Journal of Business Perspectives, Journal of Business Economics and Management, and European Journal of Business Management to name a few.
- Joghee, S., Dubey, A. R., & Singh, S. (2021). Investigation of green marketing practices of UAE hypermarkets. International Journal of Enterprise Network Management, 12(4), 367-381.
- Joghee, S. (2021). Internet of Things-assisted E-marketing and distribution framework. Soft Computing - A Fusion of Foundations, Methodologies & Applications, 1–13. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00500-021-05920-0.
- Zhang, D., Huang, X., Wen, Y., Pooja, T., & Shanmugan, J. (2021). Sustainable Circular Business Model for Transparency and Uncertainty Reduction in Supply Chain Management. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Electronic Commerce Research, 16(4), 959–975. doi:10.3390/jtaer16040054
- Joghee, S., Alzoubi.H & Dubey, A. (2020). Decisions Effectiveness of FDI Investment Biases at Real Estate Industry: Empirical Evidence from Dubai Smart City Projects. International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research, 9(3), 3499-3503
- Joghee, S., Dubey, A., & Balaji.B. (2019). Subscriber Loyalty and Advocacy Measurement Using Structural Equation Modelling: The Sharjah (U.A.E.). Telecommunication Scenario. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering, 8 (9), 790-793.
- Sakkthivel, A. M., & Shanmugan, J. (2019). Multi Ethnicity Residents Perception towards a Country -Evidences from United Arab Emirates. International Journal of Sustainable Society, 11(4), 298 – 317.
- Joghee, S., & Dubey, A. (2018). Impulse buying behavior: An empirical study on Indian expats in UAE. International Journal of Economics, commerce and Management, 5 (2),171-178
- Joghee, S., & Dubey, A. (2018). Performance Measurement in Entrepreneurial Marketing. The Journal of Human Resource and Adult Learning, 14 (1), 78-84.
- Siddik, , Alam, N., Kabiraj, S., & Shanmugan, J. (2017). Impacts of capital structure on performance of banks in a developing economy: evidence from Bangladesh. International Journal of Financial Studies, 5(13), 1-18 doi:10.3390/ijfs5020013.
- Joghee, S. (2017), E-Banking service quality in UAE: Customer perspective’. International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Management, 5(2), 186-200
- Siddik, , Alam, N., Kabiraj, S., & Shanmugan, J. (2016). Impacts of e-banking on performance of banks in a developing economy: Empirical evidence from Bangladesh. Journal of Business Economics and Management, 17(6), 1066–1080 doi:10.3846/16111699.2015.1068219.
- Ahmed, G., Othman, S., Shanmugan, J. (2016). Ethical Crisis in Strategic Leadership. The Journal of Human Resource and Adult Learning, 12 (2), 73-81.
- Siddik, ., Alam, N. Kabiraj, S., & Shanmugan, J. (2015). Assessing small holder farming and poverty in post-conflict-sierra Leone. Journal of Finance and Bank Management, 3(1) 156-166 DOI: 10.15640/jfbm.v3n1a14.
- Kabiraj, S., & Shanmugan, J. (2011). Development of a conceptual framework for brand loyalty: A euro-mediterranean perspective’. Journal of Brand Management, 18(4-5), 285-299 doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/bm.2010.42
- Kabiraj, S., & Shanmugan, J. (2009). Indigenous Customer Relationship Management Practices in Indian Automobile Companies: Strategic Implications. International Journal of Management Perspectives, 1(4), 1-11.
- Joghee, S., & Kabiraj, S. (2013). Innovation in product promotions: A Case of Intended Use of Characters in the Chinese Market. European Journal of Business Management, 5 (1), 120-131.
- Joghee, S., Pillai, P. (2013). Brand Influence on Buying FMCG Products in UAE: An Empirical Study. European Journal of Business Management, 5 (25), 9-17
- Joghee, S., & Kabiraj S. (2015). Trust worthiness of promotional schemes WRT customers’ perception: An empirical study in the context of UAE. European Journal of Business Management, 7 (8) 158-169
- Joghee, S (2012). A case study approach of supply chain. Arabian Journal of Business Management Review, 1(9), 45-78
- Joghee, S (2011). A critical analysis of monetary potency with special reference to ELGI Equipment’s, Coimbatore. Skyline Business Journal, 5-6 (1), 42-47
- Joghee, S. (2010). A critical analysis of star bucks in UAE’ International Journal of management rivulet, 5 (1), 11-17
- Joghee, S. (2010). A strategic case of consumer decision making in the Chinese markets: Preferences and buying motives. Royal Business Review, 2 (1), 37-43.
- Joghee, S (2009). Effective conflict management in family managed business: A case study in the Indian Diaspora. Skyline Business Journal, 5(2), 41-51
- Joghee, S (2009). Risk management in retail stores through optimization techniques for shelf space using case study approach. International Journal of Innovative Research in Science and Techniques, 5(2), 65-73
- Joghee, S (2008). Performance of tea in India. Southern Economist, 2(3), 46-55
- Joghee, Shanmugan (2021). Impact of social media on higher educational sector with reference to Indian context, Business & Technological University, Georgia, July, 2021
- Joghee, Shanmugan (2021). Intelligence Systems on Green Supply Chain Management: Empirical Analysis of FMCG in the UAE, Morocco, June, 2021
- Joghee, Shanmugan (2021). Prospects and challenges of investment in green concept: A case study of automobile division in UAE, ICMB, Sharjah, UAE, 23 March, 2021.
- Joghee, Shanmugan (2019). Marketing strategies for attracting FDI for Smart cities: Dubai as a case, ICD, Sharjah, UAE, 18-19 November, 2019.
- Joghee, Shanmugan (2019). Online marketing scenario in UAE: An empirical study, ICD, Sharjah, UAE, 18-19 November, 2019.
- Joghee, Shanmugan (2018). The Comparison of Conventional and Entrepreneurial Marketing: The Commonalities Study, IJAS Conference, London, UK, 6-9 November, 2018.
- Joghee, Shanmugan (2018). Investigation of Green Marketing Practices of UAE Hypermarkets , SGBED & Skyline University College , Dubai , UAE , 17-19 December, 2018.
- Joghee, Shanmugan (2017). Does Financial Inclusion Induce Financial Stability? Evidence from Cross-Country Analysis, AIB, Dubai, UAE, 2-5 July, 2017.
- Joghee, Shanmugan (2017). Impacts of capital structure on performance of banks in a developing economy: evidence from Bangladesh, AIB, Dubai, UAE, 2-5 July, 2017.
- Joghee, Shanmugan (2017). Green building management: A Strategic approach with reference to UAE, International Conference of Business and Management – Fin-Tech Driven Age, SUC Sharjah, UAE, 26-27 March, 2017.
- Joghee, Shanmugan (2017). Financial Decisional analysis with reference to medical tourism: An empirical study, International Conference of Business and Management – Fin-Tech Driven Age, SUC Sharjah, UAE, 26-27 March, 2017.
- Joghee, Shanmugan (2016). Challenges & Opportunities of Green Building Implementation: An empirical study with reference to stakeholders in UAE, 3rd International Conference on Business & Management in Connected Era, SUC Sharjah , UAE , 6-9 April , 2016.
- Joghee, Shanmugan (2015). Brand image & reflections: An empirical study in UAE with select car buyers of UAE Nationals, EBES, ISTANBUL, TURKEY, 27-29 May, 2015.
- Joghee, Shanmugan (2015). Dynamic understanding of expat consumer’s decision making process on residential properties: An Empirical study with reference to UAE, EBES, ISTANBUL, TURKEY, 27-29 May, 2015.
- Joghee, Shanmugan (2014). Effects of Brand building strategies on booming tourism sectors in UAE , International Conference on Tourism Milestones - Preparing for tomorrow, SUC Sharjah, UAE, 31-2 April, 2014.
- Joghee, Shanmugan (2014). Are these promotional schemes are trustworthy? An Empirical study with customer’s perception in UAE, SIBR, KUALA LUMPUR, MAYAYSIA, 7-8 February, 2014.
- Joghee, Shanmugan (2013). Employee engagement management: A case study of select retail banks in Dalian, China, IJAS, VIENNA, Austria, 14-18 April, 2013.
- Joghee, Shanmugan (2012). Dynamics of consumer purchase decision on laptops (A comparative study on Dell Vs Sony vaio, Indus Business Academy, Bangalore, India, 29-31 March, 2012.
- Joghee, Shanmugan (2009). Exploring the proportions of trust for corporate branding: A conceptual study in the Indian context, Annamalai University, Chidambaram, India, 28-29 December, 2009.
- Joghee, Shanmugan (2009). A case study approach for understanding supply chain orientation in Indian pharmaceutical firms, ICTBM Alghurair University, Dubai , UAE , 29-1 April, 2009.
- Joghee, Shanmugan (2007). Emerging infrastructure sector: need for finance to meet growing needs of investment in millennium development goals, International Management Institute, New Delhi, India 6-7, March, 2007.
- Joghee, Shanmugan (2004). New vistas in management, International Management Institute, Vivekananda college of engineering and technology, Tamilnadu, India, 6-7 February, 2004.