Dr. Deepak Kalra holds Doctor of Philosophy from Banasthali Vidyapith, India in the field of Management, with primary research on e-Market and e-Commerce. He completed his Master of Business Administration from prestigious University of Lincoln, United Kingdom with major in Marketing Management with research in developing Educational Supply Chains. He completed his Bachelor of Engineering in the field of Computer Technology from Nagpur University, India with base research on Compiler Design and Semantic Parsing.
He has served in the capacity of CEO in various well-known companies in United Arab Emirates and India, with focus on Process Transformation and change management through ERP Systems. Dr. Deepak Kalra has more than two decades of work experience in both industry and academia. In the field of Higher Education he has taught in prominent Universities in UAE, USA, UK and India. He is founder Dean of School of Information Technology at Skyline University College. He has established distance learning and e-learning system of the university as Director Learning Resources. He is involved in strengthening Master’s program as Dean Graduate Program of School of Business.
ACADEMIC AND RESEARCH INTEREST
He has published research articles in reputed international research journals, with 2 Patents in the field of power and Internet of Things. He is engaged in consultancy projects with various reputed Government, Semi Government and private companies in Middle East and Africa. His teaching, research and consulting area of interest includes Strategic Governance, Strategic Management, Digital Marketing, and Business Transformation through Digital means.
Patent No: 202011045790 A, Portable Backup Apparatus (2020), Page no. Part1/56196, Issue No: 45/2020, http://www.ipindia.nic.in/journal-patents.htm
Patent No: 2021100669, Intelligent Agriculture Protection Device (2021), https://www.ipaustralia.gov.au/patents
- Kalra, D., Ghazal, T.M., & Afifi, A. M. (2020). Integration of Collaboration Systems in Hospitality Management as a Comprehensive Solution. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology. 29(8), 3155-3173.
- Pradhan, M.R., Mago, B., & Kalra, D. (2020). BioFactHMM: Multidimensional Modeling of Biological data from Hidden Markov Model generated Datasets. Indian Journal of Computer Science Engineering, 11(4), 383-393.
- Afifi, A. M., Kalra, D & Ghazal, T. M. (2020). The Role of Training in Determining Citizen-Consumer Attitudes towards the Use of e-Government. Talent Development & Excellence, 12(1), 4812-4822.
- Ghazal, T.M, Afifi, A. M., & Kalra, D. (2020). Data Mining and Exploration: A Comparison Study among Data Mining Techniques on Iris Data Set. Talent Development & Excellence, 12(1), 3854–3861.
- Kalra, D. (2019).Overriding FINTECH. International Conference on Digitization (ICD), Sharjah, United Arab Emirates, IEEE Xplorer, 254-259.
- Taher M. Ghazal, Mohammed Kamrul Hasan, Rosilah Hasan, Shayla Islam, Siti Norul Huda Sheikh Abdullah, Mohammed A.M. Affifi, & Deepak Karla . (2020). Security Vulnerabilities, Attach’s, Threats and the Proposed Countermeasures for the Internet of Things Applications. Solid State Technology, 63(1), 1566-1574.
- Kalra Deepak (2019). “Impact of Digitization on Smart Living: A Case of Dubai” published in International Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences 8(3):31-36.
- Kalra Deepak (2018) “Data Mining and Data warehousing: the e-Governance perspective”. Page no.216-224 Published in Proceeding of -7thSGBED International Research Symposium (Dec17th-19th, 2018), DUBAI, UAE)
- Kalra Deepak (2018) “Applications, Models and uses of Data mining in e-Governance for sustainable development”, Page no.263-272 (Published in the Proceeding of -7th SGBED International Research Symposium (Dec17th-19th, 2018), DUBAI, UAE.)
- Kalra Deepak Book Published (2018) Retail Management, ,Serials Publications(P) Ltd.,ISBN:978-93-866611-39-0
- Kalra Deepak , Riktesh Srivastava and Firoj Rauta Research Award (2014) “Best Research in Advanced ID Systems” for Ministry of UAE for the project “ Blueprint for Improving University Services in UAE through Emirates ID card” second award worth AED75000
- Kalra Deepak ,Pradhan M.R (2020) - SDN based Middleware for Control and Management of Networks- Project: IEEE P1930.1
- Kalra Deepak , Riktesh Srivastava and Firoj Rauta Research Award (2014) “Best Research in Advanced ID Systems” for Ministry of UAE for the project “ Blueprint for Improving University Services in UAE through Emirates ID card” second award for AED75000.00
- Management Consultant for implementing ERP in Dubai Auto Gallery across Middle East, and African countries.
- Rostering and Attendance Management implementation projects for ADNOC, EMGAS, Dubai Property Group, Ejadah, IDAMA, Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority, Hyundai-Kuwait, Al Ansari Exchange and Emdad.