The Foundation Level provides participants with an understanding of the travel and tourism industry, the practicalities of the travel professional's role in this industry, the importance of exceeding customer expectations, and the role of technology in the travel industry.
In addition, you will become familiar with related subjects such as industry regulations, codes, world geography, air fares and ticketing including e-ticketing, visa and health requirements, as well as tour programs.
The course requires, about 170 hours of intensive study are required to complete the Foundation course.
By successfully completing the two-paper examination, you will become qualified as a holder of the IATA/UFTAA International Travel and Tourism Foundation Diploma and will be entitled to add the designation "DTTF" (Diploma in Travel and Tourism Foundations) after your name.
- Course Duration: 8 weeks
- Course Days: Sun-Thu
- Course Timings – 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Type of Exam: External
- Exam Duration: 1 paper of 3 hours
- Exam Venue: To be advised as per IATA directives
- AED 5,750/- (Fees subject to change)
- 2 Passport size photographs
- Passport Copy
- Fee as specified in Fee Policy
- For course cancelled by Institution:
100% refund of course fee
- For course cancelled by student:
10% refund of course fee before the commencement of course
- No refund of course fee after the commencement of course
General terms & Conditions
- Course and exam dates are subject to change
- Conduct of classes is subject to minimum number of students enrolled
- Conduct of morning/evening batches is subject to minimum number of students enrolled. In case of cancellation of either of the batches, registered students would be shifted to available batch. Student should refer to fee refund policy, in case he/she is not willing to shift the batch.
- Courses offered during holy month of Ramadan would have different timings. Student should contact administration/CPD for new timings.
- This program is designed for those who wish to have a career in the travel industry, travel consultants, Personnel of large companies responsible for making travel arrangements
- Reading, writing, and speaking in the English language.
- Good foundation of basic mathematics.
- Executives, consultants, officers and agents for: Airline, Airports, Travel agencies, Ticketing offices, Customer services, Ground handling agencies
The Travel & Tourism Industry and the Travel Professional, Geography in Travel Planning, Travel Formalities
Land Transport - Rail Water Transport – Ferry, Land Transport - Car and Camper, Tour Packages, Hotels Air Transport Essentials
- Support Services
Customer Service Technology in the Travel Industry
- Air Fares and Ticketing
GDS Electronic Booking Tools (CD-ROM*) Global Distribution Systems training, you may choose between Amadeus, Galileo, Sabre or Abacus. Minimum system requirements: Windows 95, Internet Explorer 5.5, 16MB memory.