KNOW MORE ABOUT SKYLINE
- 29 years of commitment to the society for imparting knowledge, develop skills and inculcate values
- Among the first few universities to start in UAE
- Approved and accredited by Commission of Academic Accreditation(CAA) of Ministry of Education (MOE), UAE
- Strong Alumni Base well placed in government and private sectors
- Multicultural Student learning environment
- Affordable fee structure
- International offices located in various countries
- In-house ERP to manage Effective operations and quick decision making
- Portal access to faculty, staff, current students, alumni, parents and Corporates for enabling quick and efficient services
- Faculty and Staff from professional field having diverse national and educational background
- Focused research environment to integrate scholarly work into curriculum development and delivery
- Regular curriculum update to meet industry requirement
- First University in the UAE to achieve membership of IATA (International Air Transport Association), CTH (Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality) and to achieve ACCA (Association of Chartered
- Certified Accountants) Gold status approved learning provider
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
- Programs offered in unique area of specialization: Marketing and Retail Management, Strategic Management and Leadership, and E-Governance along with others
- Publishes refereed business journal, organizes international business & management conference and dedicated case study center
- Application based learning through internship and industry interaction
- Opportunity to do professional certification courses along with degree programs available through IATA, UFFTA, ACCA & CTH
SCHOOL OF IT
- Programs offered in unique area of – Enterprise Computing which includes IOT, Mobile Apps development, E-Commerce, ERP, Big data analytics, Security, etc.
- Simulation and practical learning environment to integrate theory with practice
- Application based learning through Live project center, internship and industry interaction
- Opportunity to do professional certification courses along with degree programs available through CISCO network academy and EC Council
STUDENT DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Training and testing center for IELTS, TOEFL and Cambridge English preparatory courses
- Professional Skills Development Programs which develops professional skills and abilities essential for the career progression
- Toastmasters club which helps in strengthening communicative and leadership skills
- Student Care package which caters to New International students through a bridging programme and to academically weak SUC students through Student Tutorials
- Counseling is provided to help student progress in academic career.
- Corporate affairs department administers student’s placement and Industry networking opportunities like Internship and placement opportunities
- Academic tours to various foreign countries
- Entrepreneurship center to promote entrepreneurial skill among students
- Well-equipped Innovation lab to foster creativity
- Opportunities for lifelong learning anywhere in the world with the articulation agreements
- Year round thematic community service activities
- Student clubs and committees focusing on overall personality development through various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Opportunity to showcase the creative writing skills through contribution to SUC publications
- Purpose built Campus equipped with all facilities
- Hostel facility inside as well as outside campus available for international students
- State-of-the art cricket ground with flood light facility
- Football ground
- Basketball court
- Scholarships offered to students based on outstanding achievement in academics and extra-curricular activities
- MOU based Scholarships to employees of government and non-government organizations
Where can I get the information about Skyline University?SUC counselors are available from 9AM to 10PM in the evening, Sundays through Thursdays on +971 6 5441155. You may log on to our website www.skylineuniversity.ac.ae for more information.
When was Skyline University Started?Skyline was established in the year 1990 and since then it has been one of the leading institution of higher education in the northern emirates. We are located in the University City of Sharjah, which is easily accessible from all emirates in the UAE.
Where is SUC accredited?Skyline's offers Bachelors & Master's program on American curriculum. SUC is approved and accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, UAE. The programs offered are internationally accepted. SUC is also a candidate for accreditation with Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP) and is a member of Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
What are the different majors offered by Skyline?SUC offers BBA with major in Travel and Tourism Management, Information Systems, International Business, Marketing and Finance and MBA with Emphasis in Marketing, Strategic Management & Leadership, Finance and Human Resource Management.
How long does it take for SUC to provide a student VISA?If all the documents are complete and the fee has been deposited as per the fee structure. It normally takes 3-4 working days for the visa to be processed and ready.
What are the minimum high school requirements for admission into SUC?An applicant seeking admission for BBA program is required to fulfill the following conditions of High School Grade.
Does SUC conduct entrance exam?Skyline conducts entrance exam for both Bachelor's and Master's program.
1. Candidates seeking admission in the Bachelor's program have to give English Language Proficiency Test (TOEFL/IELTS/PEARSON-Academic, Cambridge English: Advanced Test) and Mathematical Ability Test.
Note: Institutional TOEFL from other Centres is NOT ACCEPTABLE. The TOEFL (IBT) certificates will be accepted upon verification by the ETS.
2. Mathematical Ability Test
An applicant is required to score a minimum of 500 on SAT-1 or 60% passing score of SUC Mathematics placement test.
3. Candidates seeking admission in the Bachelor's program have to give English Language Proficiency Test (TOEFL/IELTS/PEARSON-Academic, Cambridge English: Advanced Test) for admission:
What are the maximum number credit hours can be transferred to SUC?SUC accepts student's who are transferring from a federal or licensed institution in the UAE or a foreign institution of higher learning based outside the UAE and accredited in its home country, are eligible for transfer admission. The student must attend a minimum of 50% (60 hours)f the credit hours of their study plan at SUC in other words, only up to 50% (20 courses)of the courses offered in SUC can be offered as transfer of credits transferred to the program. The credit hours completed must be equivalent or higher to the corresponding courses offered at SUC.
How long it take for SUC to inform the student about the transfer of credit of courses?The transfer of credit process take 2-3 working days once the below mentioned documents are completed and handover to the marketing officer
i. The official transcripts
ii. Detailed syllabi(Credit Value, Level, detailed course content, learning outcomes/objective and indicative learning resources)
iii. An official letter from the previous institution
iv. All documents mentioned in the admission requirements (High School certificates/Bachelor Degree)
v. Processing fee of AED 300/- (non-refundable) must be paid for evaluation
What is the minimum GPA required for a transfer student to be considered eligible for admission in SUC?The students must have passed the course with a minimum of 'C' grade or equivalent. Maximum credits awarded for transfer admission will be limited to specified courses at SUC. In case credits earned at the original institution are less than those at SUC, the lower credits will be awarded as transfer. No transfer can be awarded for Capstone and protected courses of SUC.
The degree offered by the Skyline is acceptable for transfer of credits to other local universities within UAE.Yes, the degree is acceptable for transfer of credits to other local universities within UAE and even internationally.
When a student paid initial fees and got admission in SUC and cannot join due to unseen reasons will the fees be refunded?Y
Can a student get the admission into masters based on SUC bachelor's degree?Yes, the student can get admission into master's program based on SUC bachelor's degree provided is meeting the minimum grades required as per the admission requirement.
Can a student apply for scholarship along with admission form?Skyline offers Academic, sports and need based scholarship to deserving local & international students. SUC associates with various government and private institutions for allocation of scholarship fund to encourage academically but financially weak student to pursue their higher education. The student can apply for scholarship at the time of admission.
Does SUC conduct weekend and summer classes?SUC does conduct weekend classes for both bachelor and master degree programs. Summer classes are also conducted.
What are the different Intake into degree programs.SUC has three intake in a year i.e Summer, Spring & Fall. (May, September & January)
How diverse is the SUC environment in terms of Student community and Faculty demographics?Skyline has more than 50 different nationalities studying in various programs providing cultural interaction to enhance understanding from different perspectives. 25% of Skyline's student body consists of international students. Faculty members also are of different nationalities from UK, US, South Africa, India, Pakistan and GCC countries.
What are the batch timings of lectures?Students have option to choose their class timings between morning, evening and weekends. The classes for Bachelor of Business Administration are held 5 days per week (Sunday – Thursday).
MORNING SESSION 9:30 am – 12:20 pm
EVENING SESSION 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
WEEKEND CLASSES (FRI) 10:00 am – 6:00 pm & (SAT) 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
The classes for Master of Business Administration are held 3 days per week (Sunday – Thursday)
WEEKEND MBA Classes class timings are 9:30 am – 3:30 pm on Fridays & Saturdays.
What are the requirement for a student to get extra credit hours during Summer's?student should maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 every year to be eligible to take summers'.
Does SUC offer any preparatory courses for students who don't fulfill the required criteria for admission?SUC offers English language classes and Math crash course for the students who are unable to meet the entrance requirements of English proficiency and Mathematics.
Can the student get into bachelor degree after completing the foundation course from SUC?SUC does not offer any foundation program for Bachelor's degree. For Master's degree SUC offers a MQP course, MBA Qualifying Program and after successful completion of the same the student can join the Master's degree.
Can the student transfer the credits earned in foundation course to any other local university?Yes, after successful completion of MQP the student can join any other local university for MBA programs.