Human Resources Department
The Human Resources Department is responsible for fulfilling the Vision and Mission of Skyline University College by developing sound HR policies that provides conducive work environment and develops a positive work and learning culture to enhance quality in the SUC. HR Department helps in recruiting, retaining, motivating and developing team of capable and dedicated Academic and Academic Support Services Employees who are oriented to professionally achieve the SUC objectives.
HRD engages in continuous updates of Faculty & Staff Members so as to professionally respond to day today challenges in the work environment. To ensure each employee keep abreast with the ever-changing trends HRD coordinates the need based Faculty and Staff development programs.
- To plan & recruit faculty and Staff members from diverse cultural and functional backgrounds to ensure the quality of academic delivery
- To facilitate Training and Development programs for employees to improve their employee performance, satisfaction and morale
- To review Employee performance in regards to Compensation & Benefits
- To Review, develop and implement HR policies
- To retain Employees and enhance Engagements
RECRUITMENT & SELECTION
- To have an effective recruitment policy the Staff Search Committee is in place constituting of VC, HEAD HR and concerned HOD. The committee engages in identifying suitable candidates for vacant positions from varied sources.
- Staff Search Committee initiates the process of Staff recruitment based on the vacancy arising due to resignation, termination, retirement, promotion, and/or additional Staff requirements because of the expansion of operations.
- Department Head in coordination with HR and VC plans for Staff resources requirement for the Academic Year and identified and recruit suitable candidate for the Academic Support Services position.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
A competitive compensation package is offered to attract well qualified and trained manpower to manage academic and non-academic activities and to raise the Academic standards as envisaged in the Vision & Mission of the SUC. The compensation package includes following components:
- Basic Salary
- Social Allowance
- Communication and Transportation Allowance
- Administrative Allowance (If applicable)
- Benefits (Details are available in benefit section of Policy, Procedure and Manual)
OPPORTUNITIES @ SKYLINE
|1.||Associate Dean – Graduate Program for School of Business||Job Details|
What is SUC HRD Role and Responsibilities?The Human Resources Department is responsible for fulfilling the Vision and Mission of Skyline University College by developing sound HR policies that provides conducive work environment and develops a positive work and learning culture to enhance quality in the SUC.
What is SUC HR Structure?The Human Resources Department is primarily involved in implementing the HR Policy & Procedures of SUC and managing the complete life cycle of an employee. The Human Resources Department performs the functions such as planning, organizing, recruiting, developing, motivating & maintaining human resources to manage smooth operation as per SUC’s strategic plan and report directly to the DYASS/Registrar of the University. The Department is involved in number of activities like providing orientation, settling down assistance, and organizing, training & development, employee related activities, Payroll, Evaluations, etc at SUC.
What is HR Function?
• Compliance and Legal Labor Laws • Human Resource Planning & Management • Recruitment & Selection • Compensation & Benefits • Performance Management System • Training & Development • Career / Succession Planning • Rewards & Recognitions • Policy Formulation • Employee Engagement • Public Relation ( PRO ) Functions
Why Join SUC?
- Good Work Culture
- Strong Processes
- Ethical Organization
- Tax Free Competitive Salaries and Benefits
- Comprehensive Health Insurance coverage
- Valuable Allowances: Furniture and Transportation
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Recognition
- Balanced Working Hours
- Office Transportation Facility
- Generous Leave Benefits and Air Tickets
How do I apply for a job?Skyline University is a vibrant academic community comprised of employees performing in many different types of positions, such as research, administrative, and academic. All Faculty/Staff positions are posted on the Skyline University web site and you must apply online to be considered for a position. To apply for a Faculty position at Skyline University, follow these steps:
- Visit the Skyline University homepage at www.skylineuniversity.ac.ae and click on HR. Under the "Careers" section page you will find a listing of all Faculty positions at Skyline University for which we are currently recruiting.
- Browse the list of open positions, once you have determined the position(s) you are interest in, you must formally apply online for each of these positions by submitting an online application, resume, and, in some cases, cover letter. You may apply to more than one position at a time.
- Once you have applied online, you will receive an automatic confirmation email indicating that your resume has been received. If it is determined your background may be a good match for the position, you will be contacted by the Office of Human Resources or directly by the Department regarding next steps.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
- SUC alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
What is Academics Recruitment Eligibility Criteria?
GRADE / LEVEL ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE RESEARCH AND PUBLICATION POST PHD EXPERIENCE Professor 15 years 15 (4publications in A and B category in last 4 years) 7 years as Associate Professor Associate Professor 10 years 10 (3 publication in B category in last 4 years) 5 years as Assistant Professor Assistant Professor 7 years 7 (3 publication in B & C category in last 4 years) 5 years as Lecturer Lecturer 5 years 1 (1 publication in B & C category in last 4 years) 1 year as Lecturer Sr. Instructor 3 years NA NA Faculty with Administrative responsibilities 3 yrs. administrative experience in addition to experience in respective rank As per respective ranks As per respective ranks Visiting Faculty Will be recruited as per the above mentioned criteria for a period of one year and will be given accommodation and visa facility.
How is the probation review done in SUC for Academics?The selected Faculty is given a six months probationary appointment during which the performance is evaluated by Faculty Feedback Review Committee (FFRC) constituting Dean, Chair of Teaching Effectiveness, Chair of Services and Chair of Research.
How is the probation review done in SUC for Academic Support Services?The selected Staff member is having six (6) month of probation during which the performance is evaluated by HOD (Head of Department) HR (Human resources) DYASS ( Dy Director - Academic Support Services), concern AAC member and Vice Chancellor.
How long it will take for the visa process?Post successful & positive Security Check process, Visa takes 5 – 7 working days to receive unless there’s a case ban, classified nationality, security check, active labor card etc. These are beyond our control and we will inform you of any such problem after we receive information from Ministry of Labour.
What are Documents required for processing employment visa?Photocopy of Faculty/ Staff Member passport pages detailing personal details, date of issue and expiry. The passport must be valid for a minimum period of 8 months at the time of request for processing of employment visa. Original and Copy of highest qualification earned in English or Arabic or a notarized copy of English translation if the certificate is in any other language. 12 colored passport size photograph with white background of the Faculty / Staff Member.
What is the process of attestation? How and where do I get my documents attested?Faculty and Staff members need to get their last certificate attested from the below mentioned:
- Ministry of Higher Education of the country from where you have earned the PhD degree.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country from where you have earned the PhD degree.
- UAE Embassy of the country from where you have earned the PhD degree
What kind of Relocation Support SUC provides at the time of joining?
- INITIAL ACCOMMODATION FOR THE FIRST MONTH
- SETTLING DOWN LOAN
- OFFICE & SUPPLIES ALLOCATION
- OFFICE LAPTOPS OR DESKTOPS
- EMAIL ID & TELEPHONE EXTENSION
- PORTAL ACCESS
- EMIRATES ID
- SUC ID, BUSINESS CARDS & CAR STICKER
- OFFICE TRANSPORTATION FACILITY
What is the duration of the Employment Contract?
- The Faculty have 4 yrs. of Limited Contract.
- The Staff have 2 yrs. Of Limited Contract.
How is Disbursement of Salaries done in SUC?All salaries for Full Time Faculty/Staff Members are transferred to their bank accounts normally by 25th of each month.
What is the process of opening Bank Account?SUC Finance Department will assist Faculty Member to open a bank account which will be done within 15 days after the completion of Visa stamping. Documents required:
- Duly filled and signed bank application formM
- Passport with visa copy
- Salary Certificate
How is the Employee Orientation done in SUC?SUC carries out employment orientation to the newly appointed Faculty / Staff Members in order to make them acquainted with the roles and responsibilities of the job with in the first week of Joining.
Is outside Employment permissible in SUC?Full-time Faculty Members are not allowed to be employed/teach in any other institution. Outside employment is considered as Breach of Contract.
What other benefits are granted in SUC?
- Faculty Accommodation allowance
- Official transportation
- Medical insurance
- Airline ticket allowance
- Faculty furniture allowance
- Faculty conferences & research funds
What are the Working Hours for Academics?
Faculty :-The SUC observes 40 hour work schedule on a weekly basis (any 5 days in a week including weekend) wherein 8 hrs. per day may be worked out in different combinations as decided from time to time.
Staff:- The SUC observes 48 hour work schedule for all Academic Support Services Staff.
What are the types of Leave and its Policy?
TYPES LEAVES Annual Leave
For Academics- 40 days within the Academic year.
For Academics Support Services- 30 days within the Academic year.
Sick Leave 45 days continuous or interrupted in 1 year Maternity leave 45 days Paternity Leave 5 days
Academic/Training Leave(Not applicable to Academic Support Services)
7 days Compassionate / Bereavement Leave
3 days (Continuous)
Birthday/Anniversary Half day Religious Leave 2 Half days (Cannot be clubbed together and availed as 1)
How does SUC motivate and retain its employees?
- FACULTY / STAFF EVALUATION SYSTEM
- FACULTY / STAFF TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- AWARDS & APPRECIATION
What is the notice period required for the termination of Contract?Faculty : The contract may be terminated by the Employer without cause by giving to the other party at least one semester (16 weeks) notice or pay in lieu of notice. The contract may be terminated by the Faculty member by giving to the other party at least one semester (16 weeks) notice or pay in lieu of notice.
Staff : The contract may be terminated by the Employer without cause by giving to the other party at least 45 day notice or pay in lieu of notice. The contract may be terminated by the Faculty member by giving to the other party at least 45 day notice or pay in lieu of notice.
What makes Skyline a Fun Place to Work
- Employee Engagement Activities
- Fun at Work Activities “Happy Hour “
- Semester Welcome Parties
- Monthly Birthday Celebrations
- Employee Picnics