MBA Emphasis in Strategic Management and Leadership focuses on providing knowledge, skills and competencies to become a strategic leader in corporate, private or government organizations. The focus is on developing leadership skills that enables students to craft, execute, and lead a defined strategy that sustains the business or organization in the dynamic changing scenario. The emphasis provides an understanding about strategic risks and risk management to lead organizations proactively. The emphasis equips the student to drive innovation and creativity in organizations, as well as plan and direct incremental and transformational changes for organizational excellence.
- Develop understanding of the concepts and theories of strategic management and leadership
- Develop an understanding of leadership strategies related to innovation and creativity in organizations
- Expose students to leadership strategies and experiences in leading and managing change
- Equip students with knowledge, concepts and techniques related to strategic risk management
Student will be able to:
- Compare and contrast roles in strategic management and leadership
- Develop strategies of creating culture of innovation in an organization to solve complex issues
- Critically analyze risk and formulate effective organizational Strategies
- Demonstrate ability to plan and lead change in organization
- Total credits required for graduation – 36
- 18 Months (1 year 6 months), Program Provided that the
student meets the CGPA requirements.
- The program will run in the evening time 6:50 PM - 10:10 PM, three days a week.
- Weekend classes run between 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM on Friday and Saturday.
- At the end of duration of the program, students are awarded a Master of Business Administration degree mentioning their area of specialization.
- Degrees are recognized and stamped by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, UAE.
- There are three admission intakes for the MBA program namely May, September and January each year.
- Evening Class – 1900 – 2200 Hrs.
- Weekend program timing (1000 HRS to 1530 HRS).
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - CORE COURSES
|FIA6001||Managerial Accounting||3||None||Core course|
|MAT6001||Quantitative Methods For Business Decision Making (P)||3||None||Core and Protected course|
|BUS6001||International Business(P)||3||None||Core and Protected course|
|CIS6001||Corporate Information Strategy & Management||3||None||Core course|
|ECO6001||Managerial Economics||3||None||Core course|
|FIA6002||Financial Management(P)||3||None||Core and Protected course|
|MGM6001||Human Resource Management||3||None||Core course|
|MKT6001||Marketing Management||3||None||Core course|
|MGM7102||Strategic Management('C')||3||Successful completion of 6000 level Course||Capstone Course|
|Total Credits required in Core Courses||27|
EMPHASIS ON STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP
|SML7010||Leading Through Creativity & Innovation (P,E)||None||3||Elective and Protected course|
|SML7011||Strategic Risk Management(P,E)||None||3||Elective and Protected course|
|SML7012||Strategic Leadership(P,E)||None||3||Elective and Protected course|
|SML7013||Managing Strategic Change (P,E)||None||3||Elective and Protected course|
|Total Credits required in Emphasis in Strategic Management & Leadership||9|
*Student needs to complete any three courses out of the four courses of the Emphasis areas
MBA with Emphasis on Strategic Management & Leadership
There are important skills required in order to be an effective leader in an organization. MBA with Emphasis on Strategic Management and Leadership equips students with the knowledge of promoting innovation within the organization and creates substantial changes for the betterment of the company.
A. Develop an understanding about the basic concepts and constructs of modern management theories and its applications
B. Instill analytical thinking that enhances problem solving and decision making.
C. Develop understanding of successful management techniques and practices
Student will be able to:
A. Integrate knowledge in the fields of managerial economics, finance & accounting, human resource management, marketing management & business management systems for managing business operations
B. Assess ethical values and practices for conducting business
C. Analyze business problems and take strategic decisions
D. Evaluate business scenarios with help of appropriate tools and techniques