BBA in International Business provides the details of operations and management of international business in its various dimensions and contexts and equips the students to execute their responsibilities
The UAE by virtue of its location between Asia major and African continents provide crucial advantage for exports and re-exports from this region. In addition to the location advantage the economic policies on imports and exports and free zone facilities extended to manufacturing, trading and logistics for products and service sector has led to an exponential growth in foreign direct investments and foreign trading activities. To understand and operate international business transactions and to participate in strategic management decision process, qualified manpower in this field is required. BBA in International Business provides the details of operations and management of international business in its various dimensions & contexts and equips the students to execute their responsibilities. BBA in International Business gives students an opportunity to focus and understand how business is conducted on a global scale, and how it is different from a domestic enterprise.
International Business - Goals
- To develop an understanding of international business operations.
- To enable students understand the role of direct foreign investments, international monetary agencies and international trade organizations.
- To provide awareness of the best practices in international business decision making of the functional areas of management including business projects.
- To develop an understanding of issues in international business strategies and multicultural influences.
International Business - Objectives
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of operations of international trade organizations.
- Use techniques of logistics & supply chain management
- Demonstrate skills in managing clients and customer relationships globally
- Apply functions, tools and techniques of international business operations& marketing
- Apply knowledge and skills in the areas of project planning, scheduling, budgeting and controlling
- Evaluate policies and formulate appropriate strategies for international business organizations
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS (MAJOR)
|ECO3110||Economics of International Business||3||ECO2102|
|BUS3011||Export & Import Management||3||None|
|BUS3112||Comparative Global Management||3||MGM1001|
|MKT4213||Logistics and Supply Chain Management||3|| |
|MKT4119||International Marketing (C,S)||3||Senior Status|
ELECTIVE COURSES - CHOOSE ANY ONE
|BUS4115||Business Project Management (E)||3||MGM1001|
|FIA4120||International Finance (E)||3||FIA2103|
|MKT4120||Services Marketing (E,P)||3||MKT2201|
|Total Credits required in International Business Major||21|
S – Senior Level, C – Capstone, E – Elective,
E, P – Elective & Protected and P –Protected
BBA in International Business
The world economy is a much bigger work at hand and dealing with the local and foreign trades and investors is a daunting task. Nonetheless, Skyline’s BBA in International Business teaches you to beat the odds, broadens your perspective in global competition, and expands your knowledge in international market. This program aims at producing globally competitive professionals of the future.
Expatriate Service Coordinators
The general education program at the BBA level is designed to develop a well-rounded personality. The courses aim at improving communication & interpersonal skills along with instilling in students lifelong learning attitude. An all-inclusive knowledge base that is provided to the students encompassing science, computing, humanities, and culture inculcates a sensitive and scientific temper in the young professionals.
GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES
|CIS1001||ESSENTIALS OF IT||3||None|
|CIS2103||DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION FOR BUSINESS||3||CIS1001|
|ENG1102||BUSINESS COMMUNICATION (PSDP INTEGRATED)||3||ENG1001|
|GEN1001||CORE LIFE SKILLS & HAPPINESS(PSDP INTEGRATED)||3||None|
|GEN1002||UAE SOCIETY AND ISLAMIC CULTURE||3||None|
|GEN1003||CRITICAL THINKING & PROBLEM SOLVING||3||None|
The Business Education Program aims at providing conceptual background to the students in core business & management areas. Program contents have been designed to expose students to the functions of business, organization structure & design, finance and legal aspects of business towards developing an attitude for conducting and leading business enterprises effectively and innovatively.
- To develop business competencies among students to meet the challenges of business environment.
- To develop conceptual clarity of business management processes in the functional areas.
- To develop business decision making skills through business analytics.
- To develop research skills in understanding business trends and practices.
- To inculcate values and ethical behavior necessary for conducting business.
Student will be able to:
- Gain knowledge of economics, finance, management, marketing, business systems and innovative business practices
- Demonstrate understanding of multicultural & ethical issues in business and management practice
- Develop skills in business management and research techniques
- Analyze micro and macro business environments for effective decision making and formulating business strategies
- Relate best practices in industry through professional interaction
|FIA1001||Principles Of Financial Accounting||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|FIA2102||Principles Of Managerial Accounting||3||FIA1001||CORE COURSE|
|MAT2103||Quantitative Techniques For Business||3||MAT1102||CORE COURSE|
|INE3102||Entrepreneurship(P)||3||MGM1001||CORE AND PROTECTED COURSE|
|BUS4103||Business Research Methods||3||MGM1001||CORE COURSE|
|BUS4004||Business Ethics||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|BUS4205||Globalization And Emerging Markets||3||ECO2102,FIA2013||CORE COURSE|
|ECO2001||Micro Economics||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|ECO2102||Macro Economics||3||ECO2001||CORE COURSE|
|FIA2103||Principles Of Finance||3||FIA1001||CORE COURSE|
|CIS4104||Management Information System||3||CIS1001||CORE COURSE|
|BUS3001||Business Law||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|MKT2201||Principles Of Marketing||3||ECO2001 & FIA1001||CORE COURSE|
|MGM1001||Principles Of Management||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|MGM3103||Operations Management||3||MGM1001||CORE COURSE|
|MGM4406||Strategic Management (C,S)||3||SENIOR STATUS, MGM3103 & MKT2201 ,FIA2103||Capstone and senior status course|
|IND4102/IND4203||Internship (C,S) OR Project (C,S)||3||SENIOR STATUS/SENIOR STATUS & BUS4103||Capstone and senior status course|
ELECTIVES - CHOOSE ANY FOUR
|INE3101||Innovation (E,P)||3||GEN1003||ELECTIVE AND PROTECTED COURSE|
|MGM3102||Organizational Behavior(E)||3||MGM1001||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|MGM3104||Management Of Human Resources (E)||3||MGM1001||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|MKT3202||E- Marketing (E)||3||CIS 1001 & MKT 2201||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|BUS3002||Cross Cultural Communication (E)||3||NONE||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|MGM3105||E-Customer Relations Management (E)||3||MGM1001||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|Total credits required in Business Education||63||ELECTIVE COURSE|