The UAE is significantly moving away from oil dependent economic activities in the recent past and it is making its presence felt extensively in the fields of retail trading, investment & retail banking, logistics & supply chain management and marketing of various other services and products. It is among the countries witnessing fastest growth of retailing in terms of new stores opening and job creation. All these sectors require qualified and trained manpower in the relevant fields of Marketing and Retail Management
BBA in marketing and retail management is intended to prepare students to comprehend basic marketing & retail management concepts and operations. As this program progress, it aims at making students understand various facets of marketing and retail management in the ever-changing business environment. BBA in marketing and retail management infuses pragmatism into the theory and empowers students to apply the concepts in work context. It also prepares students to pursue higher academic pursuits in the field of marketing and retail management.
[/tab_content] [tab_content name=tab2]
Marketing and Retail Management - Goals
- To develop an understanding of various dimensions of marketing and retail management concepts to analyze market situations.
- To develop skills to communicate with target markets.
- To develop understanding of marketing and retail management processes and operations in distribution and supply chain management.
- To develop analytical thinking, evaluating and solving marketing and retail management problems.
Marketing and Retail Management - Objectives
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of concepts, principles and theories of marketing and retail management functions.
- Demonstrate the use of skills, tools and techniques for problem solving in marketing and retail management operations.
- Apply marketing and retail management concepts and techniques to analyze market trends.
- Plan, analyze, implement and evaluate the marketing and retail management programs under various situations of businesses.
- Evaluate policies and formulate appropriate marketing and retail management strategies for business organizations.
Total credits required for graduation – 120
The 4 year – 8 semester degree program can be accelerated by taking summer semesters.
Morning classes - 9:30 AM to 1:15 PM.
Evening class – 07:00 PM to 10:00 PM (Sunday - Thursday).
At the end of duration of the program, students are awarded a Bachelor of Business Administration degree mentioning their area of specialization.
Degrees are recognized and stamped by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, UAE
There are three admission intakes for the BBA program namely May, September and January each year[/tab_content] [tab_content name=tab3]
MARKETING & RETAILS MANAGEMENT (MAJOR)
|MKT3111||Integrated Marketing Communication||3||MKT2201|
|MKT4213||Logistics and Supply Chain Management||3||
|MKT4116||Retail Merchandizing and Pricing||3||Senior Status|
ELECTIVE COURSES - CHOOSE ANY ONE
|MKT4115||Mall Management (E,P)||3||MKT2201|
|MKT4117||Visual Merchandizing and Store Design (E)||3||MKT2201|
|MKT4118||Sales Management (E)||3||MKT2201|
|Total Credits required in Marketing and Retail Management||21|
S – Senior Level, C – Capstone, E – Elective,
E, P – Elective & Protected and P – Protected
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS:
Choose Marketing and Retail Management when your passion includes sales, consumer behavior, store operations, merchandising, and management. Job opportunities for this major are ever growing as the economy progresses and more businesses are established.
Marketing & Sales Management Channel Management Advertising Brand Management Product Management Store Management Visual Merchandising Mall Management Media Planning Marketing Research Merchandising Management
Marketing Research Analyst Product Manager Brand Managers Client Executives Media Managers Store Managers Market Analysis Customer Service Marketing Manager Sales Manager Visual Merchandisers Mall Managers
The Business Education Program aims at providing conceptual background to the students in core business & management areas. Program contents have been designed to expose students to the functions of business, organization structure & design, finance and legal aspects of business towards developing an attitude for conducting and leading business enterprises effectively and innovatively.[/tab_content] [tab_content name=tab9]
- To develop business competencies among students to meet the challenges of business environment.
- To develop conceptual clarity of business management processes in the functional areas.
- To develop business decision making skills through business analytics.
- To develop research skills in understanding business trends and practices.
- To inculcate values and ethical behavior necessary for conducting business.
[/tab_content] [tab_content name=tab10]
Student will be able to:
- Gain knowledge of economics, finance, management, marketing, business systems and innovative business practices
- Demonstrate understanding of multicultural & ethical issues in business and management practice
- Develop skills in business management and research techniques
- Analyze micro and macro business environments for effective decision making and formulating business strategies
- Relate best practices in industry through professional interaction
|FIA1001||Principles Of Accounting-I||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|FIA2102||Principles Of Accounting-Ii||3||FIA1001||CORE COURSE|
|MAT2103||Quantitative Techniques For Business||3||MAT1102||CORE COURSE|
|INE3102||Entrepreneurship(P)||3||MGM1001||CORE AND PROTECTED COURSE|
|BUS4103||Business Research Methods||3||MGM1001||CORE COURSE|
|BUS4004||Business Ethics||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|BUS4205||Globalization And Emerging Markets||3||ECO2102,FIA2013||CORE COURSE|
|ECO2001||Micro Economics||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|ECO2102||Macro Economics||3||ECO2001||CORE COURSE|
|FIA2103||Principles Of Finance||3||FIA1001||CORE COURSE|
|CIS4104||Management Information System||3||CIS1001||CORE COURSE|
|BUS3001||Business Law||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|MKT2201||Principles Of Marketing||3||ECO2001 & FIA1001||CORE COURSE|
|MGM1001||Principles Of Management||3||NONE||CORE COURSE|
|MGM3103||Operations Management||3||MGM1001||CORE COURSE|
|MGM4406||Strategic Management (C,S)||3||SENIOR STATUS, MGM3103 & MKT2201 ,FIA2103||Capstone and senior status course|
|IND4102/IND4203||Internship (C,S) OR Project (C,S)||3||SENIOR STATUS/SENIOR STATUS & BUS4103||Capstone and senior status course|
ELECTIVES - CHOOSE ANY FOUR
|INE3101||Innovation (E,P)||3||GEN1003||ELECTIVE AND PROTECTED COURSE|
|MGM3102||Organizational Behavior(E)||3||MGM1001||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|MGM3104||Management Of Human Resources (E)||3||MGM1001||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|MKT3202||E- Marketing (E)||3||CIS 1001 & MKT 2201||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|BUS3002||Cross Cultural Communication (E)||3||NONE||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|MGM3105||E-Customer Relations Management (E)||3||MGM1001||ELECTIVE COURSE|
|Total credits required in Business Education||63||ELECTIVE COURSE|