The UAE is significantly moving away from oil dependent economic activities in the recent past and it is making its presence felt extensively in the fields of retail trading, investment & retail banking, logistics & supply chain management and marketing of various other services and products. It is among the countries witnessing fastest growth of retailing in terms of new stores opening and job creation. All these sectors require qualified and trained manpower in the relevant fields of Marketing and Retail Management.
BBA in marketing and retail management is intended to prepare students to comprehend basic marketing & retail management concepts and operations. As this program progress, it aims at making students understand various facets of marketing and retail management in the ever-changing business environment. BBA in marketing and retail management infuses pragmatism into the theory and empowers students to apply the concepts in work context. It also prepares students to pursue higher academic pursuits in the field of marketing and retail management
Marketing and Retail Management - Goals
- To develop an understanding of various dimensions of marketing and retail management concepts to analyze market situations.
- To develop skills to communicate with target markets.
- To develop understanding of marketing and retail management processes and operations in distribution and supply chain management.
- To develop analytical thinking, evaluating and solving marketing and retail management problems.
Marketing and Retail Management - Learning Outcomes
After successful completion of the major, student will be able to
- Demonstrate an understanding of concepts, principles and theories of marketing and retail management functions.
- Demonstrate the use of skills, tools and techniques for problem solving in marketing and retail management operations.
- Apply marketing and retail management concepts and techniques to analyze market trends.
- Plan, analyze, implement and evaluate the marketing and retail management programs under various situations of businesses.
- Evaluate policies and formulate appropriate marketing and retail management strategies for business organizations.
- Marketing & Sales Executive
- Distribution/Logistics/Supply chain Executive
- Territory Sales Executive
- Institutional Marketing & Sales Executive
- Marketing of Services Executive
- Merchandising Executive
- Visual Merchandiser
- Product Executive
- Brand Executive
- Creative Executive
- Media Planning/Buying/Selling Executive
- Account Executive @ Marketing Communications Firm
- Market Research Executive
- Market Analyst
- Digital/Social Media/Marketing Executive
- Customer Relationship Executive
- Mall/Facility Management Executive
Common sectors for graduates
- Consumer discretionary
- Information technology
- Communication services
- Real estate
- Convenience Stores
- Grocery Stores
- Specialty retailers
- Clothing Stores
- Auto Retailers
- Home furnishing retailers
- Drug Stores
- Department Stores