The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is the global body for professional accountants. It was established in 1904. With more than 210,000 members and 510,000 registered students, it is one of the largest and fastest growing professional accountancy body today. ACCA qualifications are recognized in 181 countries around the globe.
The ACCA qualification covers a broad range of subjects: Financial Reporting, Corporate Law, Financial Management, Taxation, Audit, Governance and Business Analysis. ACCA Qualification is designed to provide the knowledge, skills and professional values to finance professionals who are capable of building successful careers across all sectors, whether they are working in the public or private sectors, practicing in accounting firms, or pursuing a career in business.
There are no formal entry requirements for ACCA qualifications, students from any academic or professional background can join ACCA.
A student may be eligible to claim exemptions in up to 9 (out of total 13) papers in ACCA based on his/her previous qualification.
ACCA Course Structure:
To become an ACCA member you are required to complete 13 papers and to complete relevant practical experience of 36 months before, during or after your ACCA qualification.
|APPLIED KNOWLEDGE||Business and Technology||CBE (Any time)|| |
DIPLOMA IN ACCOUNTING AND BUSINESS
|APPLIED SKILLS||Corporate and Business Law||CBE (Any time)|| |
ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN ACCOUNTING AND BUSINESS
BSc IN APPLIED ACCOUTING
(from Oxford Brooks University)
|Performance Management||CBE (Session)|
|Audit and Assurance|
|STRATEGIC PROFESSIONAL||Strategic Business Leader||PBE (Session)|| |
ACCA AFFILATE STATUS
MSc PROFESIONAL ACCOUNTING(from University of London)
|Strategic Business Reporting|
|STRATEGIC PROFESSIONAL (OPTIONS) |
Select any 2
|Advanced Financial Management|
|Advanced Performance Management|
|Advanced Audit and Assurance|
|EXPERIENCE||36 months relevant experience|| |
ACCA MEMBER STATUS
+UAECA (AAA) MEMBER STATUS
- The passing marks for all ACCA examinations are 50%.
- Students are also required to register with ACCA to be eligible to sit for ACCA exams. Your course manager will guide you about the registration process.
- Candidates should carry their passport /labor card to the examination centre, without which they are not entitled to write the exam. Anyone who arrives late will not be admitted to the test.
- Exams consist of a mixture of multiple choice, objective test and written questions
- Upon completing the Applied Knowledge module, students will be awarded the “ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business” after clearing an online “Foundations in Professionalism” module.
- The “Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business” is awarded upon successful completion of the Applied Skills module and online “Ethics and Professional Skills” module.
- At this stage student are also eligible to apply for Bachelor’s degree in Applied Accounting from Oxfords Brookes University by submitting a research report.
- After completing all exams, students are also eligible to apply for MSc in Professional Accountancy from University of London
- Students will be eligible for ACCA membership upon completion of 13 exams, 36 months of practical experience in a relevant role and ACCA’s Ethics and Professional Skills module.
How long does it take?
- The pace at which you study for your ACCA is very flexible. You can choose how you study, how often you sit for your exams and where you get your relevant practical experience.
- Full time students typically complete their studies in 2-2.5 years and part time students in 3-3.5 years.
- Students with exemptions in certain papers of ACCA can complete their studies in a shorter period depending upon the number of exemptions they got based on their previous qualification.
|Diploma in Accounting and Business||- Business and Technology |
- Management Accounting
- Financial Accounting
+ Foundations in Professionalism
|Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business |
BSc in Applied Accounting (Oxford Brookes University)
|- Corporate Law |
- Performance Management
- Financial Reporting
- Audit and Assurance
- Financial Management
- Research Project
+ Ethics and Professionalism Module
|1 year |
(ACCA Skills papers)
MSc in Professional Accounting (University of London)
- Strategic Business Leader
(ACCA Professional papers)
+1 year (M.Sc)
ACCA + BSc + MSc Course Structure
BSc in Applied Accounting:
This is a unique program designed by ACCA in conjunction with Oxford Brookes University (included in top 50 business and management universities in the world) intended to ensure that all students registering with ACCA have the opportunity to acquire not just the ACCA accounting qualification but also a university bachelor degree.
To pass you need to submit a Research & Analysis Project (RAP) – a formal written 7,500 word report – on one of 20 set topics which meets OBU’s academic requirements, together with a 2,000 word ‘Skills & Learning Statement’ (SLS) (basically a self-reflection on how you covered the overall RAP objectives and how the process has helped you improve your study habits, communication and potential job prospects). RAP should be completed under the supervision and guidance of ‘project mentor’ who must be a qualified accountant and member of some recognized professional accountancy body like ACCA. Both RAP and SLS can be completed easily in a short period of 3 months only.
There are 2 opportunities per year to submit your work: May and November.
The project must be submitted online at the Oxford Brookes University submission portal website by the date of latest submission (announced by OBU every year). If a student fails his RAP or SLS first time, he/she has maximum 2 further attempts to make good any deficiencies.
MSc in Professional Accountancy:
Pursuing a Master’s degree can be a very daunting task and if you want to get your master’s degree from the world’s top university it is highly expensive also.
The University of London (ranked as 8th best university in the world) in collaboration with the ACCA, has created the MSc in Professional Accountancy Program only for the students, affiliates and members of ACCA. The program can be completed in a short period of minimum 6 months only.
ACCA affiliates and members are required to complete two modules ‘Global issues for finance professionals’ and ‘Strategic financial project’. Modules are offered online over two 22-week study sessions each academic year. You can choose which sessions to enter and how many modules to take in each session.
SUC mentoring program:
Our BSc and MSc Mentoring Program, led by ACCA training experts and finance professionals, is to help participants navigate their learning journey and earn the coveted degree.
Our mentoring program includes:
- Regular focus group discussions enabling participants to work in teams and benefit from each other’s experiences
- Flexible schedules for working professionals
- Support from program alumni for more valuable feedback on projects
- Mentoring on quantitative skills, financial modelling, and business valuations by finance experts
- Value added courses and workshops
- Regular mentoring sessions with a dedicated mentor and online support
- Mentoring on “Referencing and reading Academic papers” by seasoned mentors
Global Recognition: With more than 210,000 fully qualified members and above 510,000 students, ACCA is truly a global body of professional qualifications. ACCA qualifications are recognized in more than 181 countries across the globe.
Variety: ACCA qualification covers a variety of subjects including financial reporting, financial management, business leadership, corporate law, audit and taxation. Coverage of such a variety of subjects opens the doors of opportunities in multiple discipline for ACCA accountants.
Employability: ACCA qualifications are highly reputed among the employers. ACCA works with more than 7,500 employers across the globe. ACCA Career Portal provides an opportunity for its’ students, affiliates and members to apply for numerous jobs opportunities globally.
Flexibility: Minimum entry requirements, multiple study options and flexible exam structure offered by ACCA makes it a highly suitable professional accountancy qualification for students from all academic and professional backgrounds.
Academic Excellence: ACCA has partnerships with number of top ranked universities and highly reputed professional institutions throughout the world which offer their bachelor’s, masters and chartered accountancy degrees to the students and members of ACCA.
Affordability: Despite all the benefits mentioned above, ACCA qualification is highly cost effective option as compared with normal university degrees.
Why to select SUC for ACCA?
At Skyline University College we are not only committed to provide you with the knowledge to help you pass your ACCA exams but also to equip you with the skills and professional development to ensure your success in your career.
Followings are some of the reasons for you to keep SUC at your top priority when choosing your study destination for ACCA:
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty members (all of our ACCA trainers are members of ACCA equipped with experience in both academic and professional fields)
- Minimum 40 lecture hours per subject
- Full syllabus coverage with extensive exam practice
- Highly affordable fee structure
- Free revision sessions and mock exams
- Morning and evening classes
- 40-acre purpose built campus (largest among all ACCA institutes in UAE)
- Range of other facilities (multiple sports grounds, library, gym, common rooms, cafeteria)
- Internships and job placement
Mr. Muhammad Shoaib Kharal (ACCA, UAECA, MBA Finance, MA)
Mr. Muhammad Shoaib Kharal is a member of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (UK) and Accountants and Auditors Association (UAE). He has also done his MBA in Finance and a M.A in Islamic Finance. He has got more than 6 years of teaching and educational management experience. During this period he has taught various courses including ACCA, AAT, MBA and BS to the students of more than 25 different nationalities. He has conducted numerous professional and corporate trainings for the officials of government and private sector organization in UAE. In addition to being a prominent educationist he has also worked as audit and accounts professional in banking, telecom and pharmaceutical sectors.