CENTRE FOR CONTINUING LEARNING FAQs
What are the short term courses provided by CCL department?
CCL offers short term courses in the subject areas of Travel and Tourism, Accounting, Aviation, Finance, Events, Human Resource, IT and English Language Courses.
What is the duration of courses available at CCL department?
Fees and duration varies from course to course. The details for each course are listed in the respective section of the website.
What is the criterion for admission to the short term courses?
Anyone who has finished Grade 10 and above 16 years can apply for the short courses with average English and Math skills.
What are the documents required for the registration?
Admission requirements required are passport copy, visa copy, 2 passport size photographs and the course fee with the copy of highest attained qualification.
Do you provide international certificates for the courses?
Our professional courses are internationally recognized and globally accepted. We are approved centre for following international organizations-
• International Air Transport Association (IATA) Authorized Training Centre: SUC has been awarded as Top Performing ATC in Middle East in 2013.
• A Confederation of Tourism & Hospitality (CTH) Approved Study Centre: The SUC has been approved by UK based Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality as a study centre for their courses in Travel, Tourism & hospitality.
• Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) SUC is a tuition provider.
• The International Council of Electronic Commerce Consultants (EC-Council) is a member-supported professional organization. The EC-Council is known primarily as a professional certification body. Its best-known certification is the Certified Ethical Hacker. SUC is an education partner of EC-Council.
• Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) - The Society for Human Resource Management is the worlds largest HR professional society. SHRM promotes the role of HR as a profession and provides education, certification, and networking to its members.
• International Computer Driving License (ICDL) – The ICDL is made up of a range of modules – each module provides a practical prpgramme of up-to-date skills and knowledge ares which are validated by a test. SUC is a testing centre of ICDL.
How can I change session in between semester?
Depending upon the policies and availability of course you can change the semester or sessions but only once in the complete course.
Can I get enrolled in more than one course at a time?
Yes, if the schedule does not clash with the other courses.
I’m currently employed in a company, do you provide any fee waiver for the working employees?
Yes, there is a discount applicable on showing the Employee ID Card for Sharjah Government Employees, Ajman Government Employees, Dubai Government Employess. For corporate discount the registration must be done through the responsible authority of the corporate.
Are these courses offered in the evening as well?
Yes, we have evening and weekend classes depending upon the requirement of the students.
Do you provide transportation facilities as well?
Yes, we provide transportation to the students from the selected locations in Sharjah, Dubai and Ajman.
Do you provide a Visa or visa assistance?
We provide VISA for the following courses1) ACCA, 2) CTH Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management, 3) CTH Diploma in Events Management. Visa issuance will be subject to policies and procedures of the university.
How can I avail the library resources?
Any student enrolled in the CCL is entitled to utilize the library resources throughout the duration of the entire course as per the library timings.
Can I repeat a course If I fail?
Most of courses allow for second attempt examination depending upon the registration validity and choices opted at the time of registration. In case of failure, students are supposed to check their status with examination department immediately to ensure their registration in upcoming schedules.
What is the minimum attendance requirement if any?
Students are provided with admission letter at the time of the enrolment which states the attendance policy for the courses.
I am a student of CCL Department will I get SUC Alumni status?
Yes you will be recognized as an SUC Alumni.
How can I join different SUC clubs?
Kindly contact Students Services Department for the details.