Student Services Department (SSD) develops, administers, and provides comprehensive support services for the continuous growth and development of the students. SSD coordinates with Academics and Academic Support Services departments of SUC for information dissemination and student document requirements. It also facilitates counseling, internships, and placements of students to help them become responsible professionals. SSD ensures the dynamic academic progress of each student in their chosen programs.
SSD also promotes a student-centered environment by advocating student-faculty interaction to solve various academic and career development issues. Students are encouraged to participate in various extra-curricular, co-curricular, student club/committee activities for them to be socially-involved inside and outside of school through the SSD orientations.
- Orientation & induction
Orientation is given to all new-intakes to introduce them to all services provided for the successful completion of their programme as well as a lively student life. Students are also introduced to pivotal authority heads that will be in charge of their academic progress and welfare. Orientation to the new students is given jointly by the Dean, Head of Academics and Head of Student Affairs. Administration is responsible for coordinating this activity as per the schedule. This orientation is also given to continuing students and covers various aspects of their academic tenure and familiarizes them with the different institutional activities.
Induction is organized for new International students- Bridge Programme; this caters to the overall knowledge and understanding of the culture of the University and the host community-UAE.
- Promotion of social programs & activities
The SSD encourages students to be part of University programmes & activities by involving them in the organization of the activities; and giving adequate information on the benefits of such activities.
- Academic & personal counseling
Our student counselors give counseling to students to guide them on the right choices to be made to ensure academic success and progress. A very important part of counseling also caters to personal development and address whatever challenges students may encounter on a personal level.
- Accommodation & welfare
Accommodation is offered to International students (on & off campus). However, SSD gives guidance as regards the process of registering for University accommodation or the option of staying with a guardian and the relevant documentation needed for the process.
- Financial advice & Scholarship
The SSD gives guidance to students as regards financial issues and also represents the interests of students as regards payment methods/plan.
Scholarship offers are given to students on need-base, sports & Merit-base/reward ship. SSD coordinates the application process to the final pick of students.
- Career & Internship advice
SSD’s career counselor offers career counseling and guidance to students and alumni. Students are also coached on the attitude & mindset needed during their period of work placements and internship; as well as work/school balance.
- Mental Health & well being
SSD counsels and sensitize students on the need to keep healthy habits to ensure for a balanced mental disposition. In the case of severe challenges faced by any student, referrals are made to professional all in a confidential atmosphere.
- Administrative & porter services
SSD caters to the requests of students as it relates to preparation of official letters and forms needed for registration, appeal, requests and complaints.
Porter services that involve ID card preparation, locker key handling and RFID (car sticker) for students.
- Alumni Registrations
Student Services Department registers the Alumni students at the time of filling the graduation form and also provides this facility through online registration. Further it coordinates with the Corporate Affairs Office and Events Committee to keep them updated about the events organized for the benefit of Alumni
The goals of the Student Services Department are as follows:
- To provide effective continuous orientations to new and continuing students.
- To conduct counseling for progression of students in academics & academic support services.
- To improve effectiveness of academic advisory and mentorship.
- To plan and manage Scholarship activities.
- To coordinate and address issues of Class Representatives, hostel and international students.
- To process all student requests within stipulated time.
- To address all student grievances
- To provide students with necessary CARE
- Introduce a Career Counselor
What are the different departments in SUC?
There are a total of fourteen (14) departments that comprise SUC and these are: Academics, Administration, Human Resources, Library, Computing, Marketing and Registration, Corporate Affairs Office (CAO), Finance, Sports, Institutional Research (IR) and Quality Assurance (QA)Office, Media and Communication, English Language Center (ELC), Center for Professional Development (CPD), and Maintenance.
What will be my period of study and maximum number of credits that I can attempt?
- Students enrolled in BBA programs shall complete their studies within a maximum of 6 years by earning 120 credits. In normal cases, students can earn 120 credits in a span of four years or by attempting maximum of 180 credits.
- In case of accelerated Program, students can complete the BBA program within a maximum of 3 years by earning 120 credits.
- Students enrolled in MBA Program shall complete a maximum of 36 credits in 18 months' time and the maximum credit a student can the join graduation is 54 credits within a maximum duration of 27 months.
What is graduation requirement?
The students will be awarded the Bachelor Degree after fulfilling the following conditions:
- A number of credit hours as specified in the major field of study (120 credit hours)
- Achievement of CGPA not less than 2.00
- 00 CGPA in the chosen field of major
- GPA of 2.00 in each Capstone course
- A recommendation for graduation by the College Faculty and Administration
The students will be awarded the Master Degree after fulfilling the following conditions:
- A number of credit hours as specified in the Emphasis field of study (36 credit hours)
- Achievement of CGPA not less than 3.00
- 00 CGPA in the chosen field of Emphasis
- GPA of 3.00 in each Capstone course
- A recommendation for graduation by the College Faculty and Administration
How many semesters does SUC have?
SUC operates in three semesters namely: summer, fall, and spring in an academic year.
What are the campus resources?
Skyline campus is replete fully-equipped with facilities such as: class rooms with audio-visual equipment, computer labs, printing and photocopying center, portal services, cafeteria services, hostel, library, lockers, mail services, wireless services, gymnasium, multipurpose hall, SMS services, health services, new sports grounds (Cricket, Football and Basketball), and bulletin boards.
How can I apply for scholarship?
Current students can apply for need-based scholarship. Need-based scholarships are awarded to continuing students who are from educationally and socially indigent backgrounds.
An applicant must show financial need and must produce adequate and supporting evidence to claim such situation.
What is CARE package?
SUC Care Package is a creation of the SSD to cater for New International students (Bridging programme) and Academically weak SUC students (Student Tutorials). It is a package to support and give assistance to students in the different capacities. The team in charge of each package serve to guide students in each category to an efficient orientation/induction into the culture at play in the University and the host community as well as improving their Academic standing/quality of students respectively.
These packages will run concurrently and will be closely monitored for outcomes that have been predicted; which is to build well-adjusted and academically sound students.
Do You Have Career Counseling Unit?
Yes, the purpose of Career Counseling is to counsel the students who are seeking internship and placements. The orientations are carried out to facilitate students and give them tips on the internship and placements. As per policy, students are facilitated with internship opportunities only once. Similarly, placement facilities are provided to students wherever opportunities are available.
What Is Graduation Honors?
Upon meeting Bachelor of Business Administration degree graduation requirements, students who have exhibited academic excellence will be awarded the designations to indicate that they have graduated with honors.
To be eligible for these honors, a student must have a cumulative grade point average on credits earned at SUC according to the following:
Cum Laude -An average of 3.5 or higher
Magna Cum Laude -An average of 3.7 or higher
Summa Cum Laude - An average of 3.9 or higher
Cum Laude -An average of 3.7 to 3.79
Magna Cum Laude -An average of 3.8 to 3.89
Summa Cum Laude -An average of 3.9 or higher