The Case Study Center at Skyline University College (SUC) develops high-quality case studies and provides full support for the various types of teaching projects in SUC. Relying on the expertise of professors and supported by top management of SUC, this center links theory with practice and collaborates with corporations and higher education institutions to enable the use of research and case teaching. The center promotes the improvement and global dissemination of the UAE’s local management theory. The center also cooperates with regional and international institutions, and participates in case study exchanges with these institutions.
The center aspires to be the leading case study center that provides, facilitates, and employs high standards of business and IT practices for a vast range of audiences within SUC, across the UAE, and in both regional and international arenas.
The mission of the center is to facilitate research practices and case teaching to improve the understanding of cross-cultural management and the globalization of UAE institutions in terms of strategy, marketing, leadership, human resource management, business operations, and IT.
The goals of SUC Case Study Center are as follows:
- To develop case studies every year.
- To develop the skills of faculty and staff in case writing and case-based teaching.
- To support the vision and mission of SUC in building a knowledge-based society.
- To bridge the gap between industry and academia.
- To provide consultations to local and regional organizations.
The Case study center of SUC has the following responsibilities:
- Clarify the process of writing cases.
- In collaboration with CAO, contact corporations with MoUs with SUC to allow academic staff members to visit them and write cases.
- Coordinate with all academic staff members to collect data and develop case studies.
- Analyse and discuss written case studies before publishing them in journals or posting them on the website of SUC.
- Follow all steps of preparing a case study. The steps include: contact the organization, visit them, collect data, write the case, send the case to other academic staff members for review, and publish the case study.
- Collaborate with various case study centers, and the Center will identify and initiate GCC / MENA region-specific cases to support case-based teaching.
Case Study Center Proposals
Cases will be comprehensively discussed and reviewed to maintain high quality work. The drafted case study can be used in class and also shared with colleagues for review purposes. SUC strives to create and maintain a repository of case studies on all domains of Business Management and ICT. Faculty members can be rewarded for a maximum of 2 Case Studies, in the area of their discipline, that are published in the Scopus index/Reputed publishing house.