The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is a British accountancy body which offers the Chartered Certified Accountant qualifications worldwide. It is one of the world's largest and fastest-growing accountancy bodies with 140,000 members and 404,000 affiliates and students in 170 countries (as at April 2010).
The Professional Scheme is the primary qualification of the ACCA and upon completion of up to 14 professional examinations and three years of supervised, relevant accountancy experience enables an individual to become a Chartered Certified Accountant.
ACCA has signed a long-term strategic partnership agreement with the prestigious local accountancy body of UAE – AAA (Accountants and Auditors Association) to enhance the finance sector in the UAE. This partnership will enhance your recognition as a finance professional in the region with dual membership of ACCA and AAA.
|Minimum Entry requirements – To register for ACCA Courses, starting at Knowledge level are: |
- Two A Levels and three GCSEs or equivalent in five separate subjects, including English and Mathematics.
- Foundation in Accountancy – A candidate is registered under FIA and on completion of FAB, FMA and FFA will be transferred to ACCA and will get exemption from first three papers of ACCA.
ACCA offers many career options in terms of roles and sectors locally & internationally. Some of these are Financial Accountancy, Management Accountancy, Corporate governance, Business Advisory, Forensic Accounting, Tax Accountancy, Asset management, Fund Accounting, Financial control, Internal & External Audit, Valuations etc.
At any time, students can contact ACCA for any enquiries relating and FIA on following contact details:
- Toll free number 8000 3570 3172 (within UAE)
- Phone: +44 (0) 141 582 2000 (outside UAE)
- Fax: +44 (0) 141 582 2222
- Course Duration: Knowledge module will be completed in six month time schedule. And Skill Module is a twelve-month program.
- Course Days: 5 DAYS A WEEK
- Course Timings – 9:30 AM – 01:30 PM
- 50 – 55 hours/paper
- Exams are held twice a year: June & December.
- For the June exams: Registration deadline is 8th April of that year.
- For the December exams: Registration deadline is 8th October of that year.
- Knowledge Module (F1, F2 and F3) and F4 (Glob & Eng) Computerized Based Examinations are conducted every week. Exams can be taken any time year round as per the availability.
- AED 500 (yearly)
- Knowledge: AED 1,500/paper excluding exams & books
TYPE OF EXAM
Computer-based exams (CBE’s)
- ACCA Qualification (F1-F4) - 2 hours per exam. Passing mark of 50%.
- Skills and Professional modules exams are paper based except F4 (Glob & Eng)
- 2 Passport size photographs
- Passport/Visa Copy
- Fee as specified in Fee Policy
- For course cancelled by Institution:
- 100% refund of course fee
- For course cancelled by student:
- 25% refund of module fee before the commencement of course.
- No refund of course fee after the commencement of course
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Course and exam dates are subject to change.
- Conduct of classes is subject to minimum number of students enrolled.
- Conduct of morning/evening batches is subject to minimum number of students enrolled. In case of cancellation of either of the batches, registered students would be shifted to available batch. Student should refer to fee refund policy, in case he/she is not willing to shift the batch.
- Courses offered during holy month of Ramadan would have different timings. Student should contact administration/CCL for new timings.